From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container Variable not expandable in calling sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I have created a custom variable (from a type def in Labview) that is a container type.  The front panel controls and indicators of my code module match the custom variable.  If I use the custom variable type in my top level sequence, it seems to work ok.  However, if I use in in my sub sequences and pass it as a parameter to the top level calling sequence, the parameter is not expandable, meaning that I can't select individual elements for logging, or reassignment.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,471 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GSinMN

it is not possible in the current version of TestStand.  I really really really really wish it was though....

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand-Idea-Exchange/Allow-Sequence-Adapter-to-expand-containers-in-th...

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,470 Views)

Hello Jigg,

Thanks for the quick response.  Disappointing news, but at least I know not to keep trying.  I guess I'll have to split it into individual variables.  This is going to get messy....

Thanks again,

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,468 Views)

Hello Jigg,

Thanks for the quick response.  Disappointing news, but at least I know not to keep trying.  I guess I'll have to split it into individual variables.  This is going to get messy....

Thanks again,

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,468 Views)

Go post and kudo that idea.  Maybe it will help elevate it.  I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented yet.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,460 Views)

Agreed and done.

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,458 Views)