From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Report to ATML in a sequence on a PC with TestStand set to HTML

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PC with TestStand installed that is already being used for in-line testing an generating reports in HTML format.

Now I want to make new tests with new sequences but using the ATML 6.01 format for reports, but without affecting the format of the other tests with HTML reports.

If, in the new sequence, I override the Callback Report Options and set the following, the report comes out completely blank.

Parameters.ReportOptions.Format="xml",

Parameters.ReportOptions.StoreStylesheetAbsolutePath = True,

Parameters.ReportOptions.StylesheetPath = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\National Instruments\\TestStand 2017\\Components\\Models\\TestStandModels\\ATML\\StyleSheets\\TR6_Horizontal.xsl"

It does work when setting the ATML 6.01 report in "Configure" -> "Result Processing...", but this affects the old tests.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,985 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GabrielBarbat

GabrielBarbat,

To determine what all properties need to be set in Parameters.ReportOptions, you can do the following:

1. Using Configure >> Result Processing, create a result processor and set all the required options like using ATML 6.01 and stylesheets.
  2. In your sequence file, create Report Options callback and set a breakpoint in the first step existing in the callback.
  3. Execute your sequence file. When breakpoint in Report Options callback is hit, you can look at the Parameters.ReportOptions container which already has values set according to what you configured in report options. You can use this to determine what values needs to be set.

Based on above method to identify property, apart from updating three properties you have mentioned, I believe you also need to update the following to use ATML 6.01:

Parameters.ReportOptions.ReportStyle = "ATML6"

Parameters.ReportOptions.RelStylesheetPath = "TR6_Horizontal.xsl"

-Shashidhar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,933 Views)

Hi Shashidhar.

That worked! Thanks!

However, I could fix this issue in a more robust way. First I configured what I needed for the new sequence in Configure >> Result Processing and I run the sequence with this set in the ReportOptions callback:

Parameters.ReportOptions.ReadEx("C:\\TestStand\\ReportOptionsAtml.txt", "ReportOptions", RWOption_NoOptions),

This generates a txt file with all the parameters. I copied this file to the new sequence folder.

Then I replaced the line above with this one:

Parameters.ReportOptions.ReadEx(Left(RunState.SequenceFile.Path, Find(RunState.SequenceFile.Path, "\\", 0, False, True)) + @"\ReportOptionsAtml.txt", "ReportOptions", RWOption_NoOptions),

This makes the sequence load all the settings from the txt file.

Then I could restore the previous settings in Configure >> Result Processing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,904 Views)