From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compacf Fieldpoint supported by Teststand.

Dear All,

I am finding loads of info on what versions of LabVIEW support Fieldpoint, but nothing on Teststand.  

I have inherited a test where Teststand addresses Fieldpoint directly, i.e. not via a LabVIEW VI.   Does anyone know the latest version of Teststand which can talk to Fieldpoint this way, and can it run on Windows 10? 

Regards,

Theo 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(847 Views)

TestStand interacts with Hardware via the Adapters.

So you use LabVIEW, CVI, DLL, Python...etc. Code to work with your Hardware.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(831 Views)

I am used to using LabVIEW adapters to call VIs but this looks different.  I will delve deeper and maybe see if I can get some pictures.  

Thanks,

Theo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(816 Views)

Compare this (I assumed we are talking about NI-FieldPoint driver for LabVIEW) and this.

As DesasterMaster mentioned you use TestStand to call code modules developed using other technologies. So you should not look at FieldPoint/TestStand compatibility but rather make sure that TestStand is compatible with the language you used to develop your FieldPoint software component (for example your FiledPoint LabVIEW driver).

EDIT: I also found this. It might be important.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 4 of 4
(800 Views)