From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line Call From TestExec With TestStand 2014

Solved!
Go to solution

We are upgrading our Testsuites to TestStand 2014.

When I want to Run a Sequence File with TestExec from an external Batch using the Entry Point "Test UUTs" I get the Error (see attached file)

Entry point 'Test UUTs' does not exist.

Value invalid or out of Range. Error Code -17300

The contents of the external Batch is:

Echo on
"C:\Projects\TestStand\UserInterfaces\Full-Featured\CVI\win32\TestExec.exe" /runEntryPoint "Test UUTs" "C:\Projects\FrameworkFkt\TestProg\B1_SequenceFiles\E4_FRAMEWORK_SHORT.seq"
pause
Ech off

With TestStand 2013 this worked well. Does anybody know a solution for this problem. And the Entry Point "Test UUTs" exists.

Further I would like To unload all Sequences wenn I close the TestExec. Is there an easy way to do this, without changing the TestExec-Source-Code?

Thank you for the help.

Best Regards Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,104 Views)

Hi Paul,

I don´t know if this could help you, but I found a very similar case.
http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Error-17300-When-Calling-Testexec-exe-From-Command-Line/m-p/292...

If it doesn´t. Could you upload your sequence file?

Regards

Kilian H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,071 Views)

Hi Kilian,

Tank you for the answer. The Attachment is only a jpeg-File of the Operator-Interface with the error Message. I had already read the the link you mentioned, but I think I did not configure the Station Options correctly. Sorry! 

But the second question, I mentioned: to unload all Sequences in the Testexec would also be interesting for me. Is there possibilty to Configure the Operatore-Interface, so that wenn the User closes it,all Sequence-Files will be closed too.

Thank you

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,019 Views)

Hi Kilian,

Tank you for the answer. The Attachment is only a jpeg-File of the Operator-Interface with the error Message. I had already read the the link you mentioned, but I think I did not configure the Station Options correctly. Sorry! 

But the second question, I mentioned: to unload all Sequences in the Testexec would also be interesting for me. Is there possibilty to Configure the Operatore-Interface, so that wenn the User closes it,all Sequence-Files will be closed too.

Thank you

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,018 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul_Buehlmann

When a UI is closed all sequence files are already closed. That is a standard part of the cleanup when the process is shutdown. What exactly is the problem you are seeing? Is it just that you don't want them to reopen the next time the UI is launched? If so that is just a setting in the ApplicationMgr object of the UI, ApplicationMgr.ReloadSequenceFilesOnStart. You can set this property in the designer of whatever programming language you use to build your UI, or set it programmatically before you call Start() on the ApplicationMgr.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,007 Views)

Hi Doug,

Thank you for the answer. I just don't want them to reopen the next time the UI is launched. I could set the property of the Application Manager.ReloadSequeceFilesOnStart. 

Thanks again

Best Regards from Switzerland

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,994 Views)