NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code modules must be able to load

Solved!
Go to solution

I am calling a VI from TestStand 2019. Analyzing the test step produced no errors and the step executed.

I have been adding features to the VI. Now TestStand complains during analysis (not when selecting the VI from within the test step). The JKI JSON library has been part of the VI from day one, but now TestStand complains that the JSON serialization files are bad. I have performed a mass compile with no errors reported. The VI is part of a LabVIEW project. The project shows no missing dependencies. The VI runs from LabVIEW just fine. But TestStand says, "Code modules must be able to load."

Thanks for any suggestions or troubleshooting recommendations.

Here is what is in the TestStand log file:

Header: { VI Path : C:\NASA-AFTU\NAFTU_IVV_LV2020\NAFTU Dashboard.vi }

VI error :

The VI is broken. Please refer to the log file from TestStand for more information

Raw Log :

{
mode: "VI_BROKEN";
callSite: "SetVIBad";
timestamp: "2021-11-10T09:55:04.263334";
vi: { name: "JKI JSON Serialization.lvlib:Flatten To JSON String.vi"; path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\addons\_JKI.lib\Serialization\JSON\Library\Flatten To JSON String.vi";}
badRefees: [ { type: "UDPI"; ident: { name: "JKI JSON Serialization.lvlib:JSON Serializer.lvclass:
{ type: "UDPI"; ident: { name: "JKI JSON Serialization.lvlib:JSON Serializer.lvclass:Write Multiline.vi"; path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\addons\_JKI.lib\Serialization\JSON\Serializer\JSON Serializer\JSON Serializer.lvclass";}; },
{ type: "UDPI"; ident: { name: "JKI JSON Serialization.lvlib:JSON Serializer.lvclass:!Write Serialize Enum As String.vi"; path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\addons\_JKI.lib\Serialization\JSON\Serializer\JSON Serializer\JSON Serializer.lvclass";}; },
{ type: "UDPI"; ident: { name: "JKI JSON Serialization.lvlib:JSON Serializer.lvclass:Write Use Numeric Extensions.vi"; path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\addons\_JKI.lib\Serialization\JSON\Serializer\JSON Serializer\JSON Serializer.lvclass";}; },
{ type: "UDPI"; ident: { name: "JKI JSON Serialization.lvlib:JSON Serializer.lvclass:Write Use Universal Time.vi"; path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\addons\_JKI.lib\Serialization\JSON\Serializer\JSON Serializer\JSON Serializer.lvclass";}; },
{ type: "UDPI"; ident: { name: "JKI JSON Serialization.lvlib:JSON Serializer.lvclass:Write Flatten Timestamps.vi"; path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\addons\_JKI.lib\Serialization\JSON\Serializer\JSON Serializer\JSON Serializer.lvclass";}; },
{ type: "UDPI"; ident: { name: "JKI JSON Serialization.lvlib:JSON Serializer.lvclass:Flatten To String.vi"; path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\addons\_JKI.lib\Serialization\JSON\Serializer\JSON Serializer\JSON Serializer.lvclass";}; }
];
callchain: [ { name: "FGSystemSettings.vi"; path: "C:\NASA-AFTU\NAFTU_IVV_LV2020\System\FGSystemSettings.vi";},
{ name: "NAFTU Dashboard.vi"; path: "C:\NASA-AFTU\NAFTU_IVV_LV2020\NAFTU Dashboard.vi";}
];
callers: [ { name: "FGSystemSettings.vi"; path: "C:\NASA-AFTU\NAFTU_IVV_LV2020\System\FGSystemSettings.vi";}
];
}

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,096 Views)

Perhaps this information will be helpful.

I originally called the VI from a folder. I moved the LabVIEW project to a new folder on the computer. When I reference the VI from the new folder, Analyze fails. When I reference the VI from the original folder, Analyze succeeds.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,094 Views)

I performed a mass compile of the folder, 'C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\addons\_JKI.lib', which contains the offending JKI JSON libraries, and received this error log:

#### Starting Mass Compile: Wed, Nov 10, 2021 12:02:54 PM
Directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\addons\_JKI.lib"
### Bad VI: "JKI JSON Serialization.lvlib:JSON Serializer.lvclass:Read Use Universal Time.vi" Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\addons\_JKI.lib\Serialization\JSON\Serializer\JSON Serializer\Read Use Universal Time.vi"
### Bad VI: "JKI Unicode.lvlib:UTF-8 String.lvclass:BOM Length.vi" Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\addons\_JKI.lib\Unicode\UTF-8 String\BOM Length.vi"
#### Finished Mass Compile: Wed, Nov 10, 2021 12:02:55 PM

I am not sure how to resolve this. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,077 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hamilton_Woods

I did not make any changes to the LabVIEW VIs or to the TestStand test sequences. I restarted TestStand and the test sequence analyzed without any errors.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,057 Views)