NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster Passing from LabVIEW to TS containing 2D Array

Hi,

I have come across a stumbling block. I am extracting data from a database with LabVIEW and passing it into TestStand using a cluster. This works fine for all the elements in my cluster except for a 2D array of DBL. If I change it to a 1D array, no problem. As a work around I guess I can pass it as a 1D array with separate dimension sizes that I can use to reshape it back into my 2D array once it is in TestSTand. Does anyone know why I am running into this issue or a cleaner way I can accomplish what I am after?

ClusterPassingWith2DArray.JPG

Thanks,

Corey Rotunno

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,479 Views)

I may have found the solution....although I cannot confirm if it works yet. I unchecked the "Allow Objects of this Type to be Passed as LabVIEW Clusters" then re-checked it and now it does allow my to assign a cluster label for my 2D array. Weird. 

Corey Rotunno

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,460 Views)

Hi Corey,

Have you tried following the instructions in the following KnowledgeBase Article?

How Do I Pass Data Between a TestStand Container and a Cluster in a LabVIEW VI?

It is specifically referencing an error code, but yours looks more like an edit time issue. Let me know if you are still seeing issues after resetting the "Allow Objects of this Type to be Passed as LabVIEW Clusters" option!

Best,

Chris D. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,409 Views)