NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing A Sequence in the Logout FrontEnd Callback

I'm trying to open a sequence as a new execution in the Login FrontEnd Callback, and then close this same sequence from the Logout FrontEndCallback.  The problem is that the TestStand engine checks to see if any executions are still running before it enters the FrontEnd Calllback to logout.  It then pops up a message warning me that executions are still running.  My question is this: is there some way around this?  Is there a trick to allowing TestStand to continue shutting down without stopping my sequence first?  Is there an engine callback that could do the same thing?

My backup plan is to programatically do this from my Operator Interface, but I'd prefer not to go down that route...

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,107 Views)
Hi Carl,

To disable the message you will need to program the Operator Interface to handle two events:

ApplicationMgr.QueryCloseExecution
ApplicationMgr.QueryShutdown

The documentation in the TestStand Help for QueryCloseExecutionOptions mentions how it is passed into the QueryCloseExecution as an optional parameter and should allow you to bypass the prompt.

There is no Engine Callback to perform the same function.

Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,092 Views)

Thanks for the response, David.

Is there any way to do this purely in TestStand?  For instance, let's say I'm just using the Sequence Editor and I'd like to have this parallel execution start running after I log in, and then stop running when I close the sequence editor, can this be done through the FrontEnd callbacks?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,090 Views)
Hi Carl,

There is no alternative way to program this.  That warning message is called before the login/logout sequences in the FrontEnd Callbacks.

Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,068 Views)