From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clone a TS sequence using Labview

Hello,

I need help in doing the following from Labview.

I have a sequence file that contains some sequences. I want to be able to search for a sequence inside the sequence file, clone it under the same parent sequence, rename it, then apply some values to its global variables. So far, I figured out how to get the the sequence inside the sequence file, but I couldn't find a way to create an exact copy of it in the same parent.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,505 Views)

Duplicate to this thread in LV forums.

Sam,

was the info helpful or not?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,504 Views)

Sam -

Could you take a step back and explain why you want to do this? What is the goal or functionality you are looking to achieve?

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,466 Views)

The goal is to extract some test parameters from a database file and use it to autogenerate test sequences that are replicas of a generic sequence. The newly generated sequences will look exactly like the generic one, except for the parameters and the sequence name.

I hope this makes it more clear.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,461 Views)

Hi,

try the following link, it's not labview, done in TestStand but you should be able to see the methods being used and then call those same methods from LabVIEW.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,450 Views)