From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CheckExpression error for a Boolean constant

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a LabVIEW VI, with ExpressionEdit TestStand control, in which the user will enter some constant or TS expression for a boolean control. I set this text to the ExpressionEditor control using TestStand ActiveX nodes and ValidateEvaluationType. This is working without any issue. The next step will CheckExpression which actually gives error even for correct values. Even when the expression is a simple True or False, the error information is Expected Boolean or String or FALSE or TRUE or ..., found Number {64-bit Floating Point}. How is this possible and how to correct this?

Thanks,

Priyadarsini S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,528 Views)

What is the expression it is giving you this error for? It sounds like it's a number and you aren't including that in the supported types.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,506 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Priyadarsini

Hi Doug,

I have resolved the issue. I had used Mixed Checkbox as one of the controls & hence added its values (FALSE,TRUE,MIXED) as AdditionalEvaluationConstants to the ExpressionEdit ActiveX control. Since in the next step I enter False for another boolean control, this False is associated with the Mixed Checkbox's Evaluation Constants (which actually is a numeric type) resulting in type mismatch error. Now I have removed the AdditionalEvaluationConstants after the Mixed Checkbox value is selected & now the boolean False/True is detected properly & there is no error. Thank you for your help.

Thanks,

Priyadarsini S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,430 Views)