From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the default "Test Pass" UUT Result message

I’m still a Newbie to TestStand so if my nomenclature is a little off I apologize:

At completion of a sequence in TestUUT mode an automated banner pops up that can say “Test Sequence Passed”, “Test Sequence Failed”, “Test Sequence Terminated” and I think there is a Test sequence error one too.

In my particular application Test Sequence Passed, Test Sequence Failed and Test Sequence Terminated are a little misleading to the test station operator.

How do I go about changing these banner names? For example how do I get the banner to say Test Sequence Complete instead of Test Sequence Passed?

And Test Sequence Terminated to Test Sequence Aborted?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,063 Views)

Hi,

I have attached an example (TS3.0).

In the example I have included in the sequencefile the override callback sequence PostUUT.

This is where the various banners are found. The code for the banner are found in the modelsupport.dll and you will find the complete project in ..\TestStandModels\ if you wish to modify this code. Remember to copy the folders from the \NI folder to the \User folder and modify the code in the \User folder.

As a simple example I have used a MessagePopup step type. with the same preconditions as the original step.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,062 Views)

Thanks for the help. I was able to get the banners to do what i wanted. You directions and example were right on the money.

Just when i thought this issue was over i learned that words Passed, Terminated and ect.. would have to be purged from the Report File too.  I'm using the HTML document.

How do i change the UUT Result and each individual sequence status to say something like Complete instead of "Passed?" I've tried playing with the parameters in the various report related callbacks. Basically, I’m lost. Any help would be great!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,029 Views)

Hi,

Glad the previous comments were of help.

You could try using the ModifyReportEntry Override callback and use the SearchAndReplace function for changing  "Passed" found in Parameters.ReportEntry.. Setting the maxReplacement to -1 will cause all "Passed" to be changed to "Completed" (for instance...)

Hope this helps

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,014 Views)

haw can I add the serial Number of the boards than I just Test to the Message "Test Sequence Passed.", to see example "Test Sequence Passed. Serial#: 12345678", or "Test Sequence Failed. Serial#: 12345678"?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,436 Views)