cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Procesmodel in sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with teststand. I have multiple programs to test UUTs with, and some of them need a procesmodel parallel instead of sequential. I already found out how to do this, thanks to this forum. But the problem I have now  is this:

Normally the proces model is Sequential. Some programs have a built in statement in the PreUUTLoop to change the proces model to parallel. In the PostUUT I change it back to sequential.

But when I run it the first time after testing sequential, it still runs in sequential mode. I need to stop the parallel test and then rerun it.

I have attached the file I test with.

I already added a delay, even though I think it is pointless.

Any help is welcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Failing organizations are usually over-managed and under-led.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,193 Views)

Sorry I can not view your sequencefile as I haven't got TS 2017.

You would need to stop your sequential model executing before you can change the process model.

I would suggest that you have an initial top level sequence that runs without any processmodel which you prompt for a selection for the process model to run with then launch the required sequencefile/sequence using that selection.

Once the execution has completed it could then return you to your selection.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,180 Views)

If you want I can save the file as a different TS version.

But as far as I understand your reply, I should have a different sequence file, where I choose the procesmodel and according to that choice it should open the real testsequence?

Because that is a bit of a workaround, because I am now writing the testprogram for the production people. And they need it as much automated and without too much choices, to limit the error possibilites.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,170 Views)

Is your PreUUTLoop  in your client sequencefile?

I have TS 2014

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,161 Views)

The PreUUTLoop is in my client sequence file yes.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,150 Views)

All the PreUUTLoop is doing is setting the Options for which process model to use. (Similar to Menu Configure Station Options...)

It will not be implement this because it only takes affect when you execute your SequenceFile via the Enter Point. Unfortunately you don't see this because you set it back to SequentialModel in the PostUUT.

If you comment out the code in the PostUUT, you will see the ProcessModel change when the current execution completes.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,141 Views)

I see what you mean, but it should change in the PostUUT back to Sequential. Else I will need to put in every testprogram we use, the statement to chnage the proces model. And the problem still exists, even if I comment the PostUUT statement out, that I need to run the program, stop it and run it again to change the proces model.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,138 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JonathanGreen

If you client file needs to run in a particular process model, then set the sequence file properties for a 'Require Specific Model" in the Advanced Tab and leave the Station Options and default.

sequencefile properties - advanced.png

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 8 of 9
(3,134 Views)

@RayFarmer

Works perfect, thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,130 Views)