NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we save a particular step of a sequence into different format.

Hi All,
           Here I have a doubt.
       Let me start with what I have done till now. I have create a 2 Vi's for addition and multiplication. I have also created a DEMO .seq file which performs the addition and multiplication using those VI's. while running the sequence file I have used 4 local variables called local.A,local.B,local.X and local.Y which stores the values of the inputs.(Addition and multiplication)

Now  I have created one more VI to insert the step in a new .seq file. This VI has step index and step Type. The step type is of drop down containing ADDition and multiplication.

Now coming to exact problem If I select the Addition from the step type and then press insert button,I need to get that VI which was in the DEMO.seq i.e   I must get all the Property of addition step stored in that DEMO.seq

Thanks
michelss
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,561 Views)

michelss,

honestly, i dont understand your problem. so here is what i understood from your posting:

you created a sequencefile called DEMO.seq which contains a sequence. this MainSequence contains to LV-Steps, one for ADD and one for MULTIPLY. you store results and input as local variables in TestStand.

Now the posting is getting very confusing. i asume that you created a new sequence (within your DEMO.seq?) using a third VI. one parameter of the VI should be a "dropdownlist" containg ADD and MULTIPLY (i think you will use an enum here?!).

another possibility is that you created a new step type (where? within the file or in the station?) which should use the EditSubStep to choose between ADD or MULTIPLY. now the possible VIs contained as module would be the VIs from the DEMO.

What is now the correct interpretation? What is the exact problem?

Norbert B.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,533 Views)