From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the TestStand Property Loader access different work sheets within an Excel file?

Is the TestStand property loader just limited to the first sheet in an Excel workbook or is there a way to specify the sheet too?

Many thanks,

Ronnie

TestStand 4.2.1, LabVIEW 2009, LabWindows/CVI 2009
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,489 Views)

Hi,

The source code for the property loader comes with TestStand. You'll have to edit that code to specify the sheet. I know someone who did that and uses it all the time. I can't get that code for you, but at least you know it's doable 🙂

cc 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,470 Views)

You said "The source code for the property loader comes with TestStand.".

Are you sure?

I know a LabWindows example is provided which shows how to use it, but the actual TestStand source for the property loader?

I have actually modified the example to take an additional parameter for the 'Sheet' and then I interact with the Excel object until I find that particular sheet, but it is more work, and involves a custom module.

In any case I appreciate the comment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,459 Views)

The source code is provided in the <TestStand>/Components/StepTypes/Database directory.

Allen P.

NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,455 Views)
Sorry, I wasn't at a computer with TestStand on it or I would have provided the location. Hi Allen P.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,453 Views)

OK I've learned something new here - thanks AllanP and dowNow - So it seems there is a Visual C++ 6 project and also LabWindows. Do I need to move the DLL somewhere after I rebuild it? Apart from the source directory you mentioned I can't find the file used anywhere.

Thanks again guys.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,448 Views)

Ronnie -

FYI, adding support to Property Loader for specifying a worksheet for import and export has been previously suggested an is captured under ID 40811 in our tracking database.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,369 Views)

Scott, Thanks for answering the question, but I did a search for 40811 in your knowledge base http://sine.ni.com/kb/ and it came up with no documents found. If I do a more general search on the same page (using the "Search" box instead of the "Search Knowledge Base Documents" box) I get:

registar eventos en labwindows - LabWindows/CVI - NI Discussion Forums

which does have an ID of 40811:

sine.ni.com/niforum/niforum?forumDU=http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=180&message.id=40811&requireLogin=False

but it's in Spanish and concerns ActiveX.

So could you be so kind to post the link please?

Many thanks,

Ronnie

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,357 Views)

Ronnie -

Sorry for the confusion, the ID of 40811 is one of the internal identifiers that we use to track reported issues. We try to let customers know of the tracking number for future follow up and because more NI software is using these IDs for public consumption in our Know Issues List and Bug Fix List associated with a release. Note that these lists only contain the issues that we deem important to list so that we do not inundate customers with all the more trivial issues that we track and fix. Sometime in the future we may consider exposing reported issues more centrally for you to look up.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,319 Views)

Scott,

Was this feature was ever added?  I don't see a way to do it, but I sure would like to have the functionality.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,642 Views)