NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call a VI from remote server

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a VI running on a labview development machine(Labview 2010), the main function is handling excel report using report generator. I follow the link http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14469/en to set up labview machine and teststand machine respectly. But when I tried to call the VI from remote server, it is still not able to load the VI front panel and show the connectors. See the  attachment. It looks like it still trying to load VI from local drive because it can't find the builded-in subvis for report generator function.

What should I do to make it work? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,379 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tambrook

For those interested in the solution, the problem turned out to be two things.

The first is if you want to be able to load a prototype of the VI in TestStand, you will need to either share the VI or create a dummy VI. If the shared VI uses subVIs you do not have access to, then you are better of creating a dummy VI that has matching connector panes.

The second problem had to do with how the remote VI path was specified. If you have shared the VI, then you will enter in the shared folder path as your remote VI path. If you have not shared it, then you will need to enter in the VI path as it is on the remote machine.

Rohama K.
Message 2 of 3
(3,351 Views)

Thanks a lot, Rohama! You really point out the problem. It's a little bit confuse on the guideline.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,346 Views)