From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change MyAnalyzerProject.tsaproj to other tsaproj file?

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to know if I can create my custom tsaproj file and configure the sequence editor to use it. I know that I should be able to overwrite the MyAnalyzerProject.tsaproj thanks to Environment. However, I was wondering if this name fixed? Can I have e.g. TEST.tsaproj file configured to be used by my sequence editor? I was looking for it and I failed 😞

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,297 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bienieck

Hi Michal,

I agree that it's not intuitive how to do this, but if I understand your question, there's a couple of ways to do this (I'm using TestStand 2012):

1. Create a new .tsaproj file via File > New > Sequence Analyzer Project.

2. Open an existing .tsaproj via File > Open, and browse to MyAnalyzer.tsaproj.

Whatever Analyzer Project that you last opened will be what TestStand uses to perform analysis activities, and it will default to the last opened Analyzer project on startup. 

Note that when you create a new analysis project, the Options will point to that project immediately, even though it has not been saved yet. If you don't save it, it will revert to what it was using before you created it when you relaunch TestStand.

Message 2 of 7
(2,233 Views)

This is from the TestStand help:

• Project Path—The path of the current analyzer project. You can change the path of the current analyzer project by selecting File»Save <filename> As when the Current Sequence Analyzer Project window is active.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 3 of 7
(2,232 Views)

Not sure why the rest of my post got cut off.  But basically if you restart TS it will bring that project back up.  I searched through the cfg folder and couldn't find which file that is being stored in.  If you can find the file where that is being stored then you could just change that file.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 4 of 7
(2,230 Views)

I found the file where it is stored: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\National Instruments\<TestStand>

It's called SeqEdit.xml

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 5 of 7
(2,226 Views)

Thank you Captain_Jack and jiggawax. To summarize:

To change the default tsaproj file, used by the sequence editor, I just need to open tsaproj file I want, in the editor. So, If I have A.tsaproj, B.tsaproj and C.tsaproj and I want B.tsaproj to be displayed in Sequence Analyzer Options >> Current Project Settings >> Project Path (this file will be used to run sequence analysis), all I need to do is to open it. The last file opened will be the default. This setup will be saved in the <TestStand Local Application Data> SeqEdit.xml file, after I close my sequence editor.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,147 Views)

Yes.  Or you could just go directly edit that file and then restart TestStand.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,119 Views)