From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling AutoIT in Default Operator Mode Interface: Not Working

Hello,

I made a sequence (Auto IT Low Sequence.seq) by calling AutoIT reference in TestStand as ActiveX.

This sequence runs fine on TestStand sequence editor.

But, when I am trying to run the same sequence in Default TestStand Operator mode, its getting stucked at STEP-3.

TestStand:       2010 SP1

AutoIT:            V3 in 32bit configuration

More Info:

This sequence runs fine on Windows XP in both (TestStand Sequence Editor & Operator Mode).

I am not able to understand why it runs fine in Editor Mode, but doesnt run well in Operator Mode.

All relevent files are attached.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak Singh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,462 Views)

Hi,

Sorry I have no idea why this is not running.

but I am also using autoIt in some off my tasks. I had never a problem if i was in editor or operator mode.

I did my stuff i another way like you. i have translated the AutoIt scripts into executables. In TestStand i used the exe-steptype

to consume it.

Maybe this could also work for you.

Regards 

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,447 Views)

Where does AutoIT come from? You might consider asking the developer of AutoIT for support. I don't think there is anything on the TestStand side that should be leading to such a problem.

Does it hang if you use a different Operator Interface such as the one written in C# or CVI?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,440 Views)

Thanks for Reply,

@dug9000: Yes behaviour is same in other operators mode like C# or CVI.

Actually I could raise this issue to AutoIT forum, but the thing is that the sequence runs fine in windows XP in Operator mode also in Sequence editor.

When it comes the case of Windows-7 64bit, sequence only runs in Editor mode, but not in Operator Mode.

I have little doubt on TestStand Operator mode, because in Editor mode there is no issue.

I am totally clueless or may be I will try j_dodek's suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,412 Views)

Assuming they can reproduce the issue, the AutoIT developers could perhaps attach a debugger to the process and see where exactly the hang is happening in their code which might help better determine the cause even if it is not directly related to AutoIT.

The AutoIT method name "WinWaitActive" does imply it is waiting for something, perhaps the thing it is waiting for does not always happen on Windows 7. Perhaps the creators of AutoIT could explain in more detail what WinWaitActive does or might have some idea of why it might hang.

If you have Visual Studio, you could also try debugging this yourself and see if you can figure out if there is a particular Windows API call that isn't returning that is leading to the hang in that thread.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,380 Views)