From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call executable argument with multiple expressions

I'm using the "call executable" step type in TS 4.2.  My normal command line works with windows [sflashldr com1 w 0 config.cfg binary.bin] where the bin file flashes my chip according to the cfg.  I think that this is a multiple argument expression... TestStand returns "cannot open file".

How should the argument expression be configured?

mcnearymw
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,651 Views)

Hi mcnearymw,

Is that the whole error message? If not it would be useful for us to see the entire error message.

Also have you seen this White Paper? It might give you a better idea of how the Call Executable step works in TestStand. http://www.ni.com/tutorial/8847/en/ 

Rachel M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,627 Views)

Did you think about paths  ? I guess on the windows  command line you do a "cd"  to the directory, where your files are located before executing the command. Without that  ( when using the call executable step) you will have to add paths.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,620 Views)

What does your argument expression look like?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,618 Views)

I have the same problem.  Maybe I making simple mistake, but I can run this command with its arguments from the windows commandn line, but it will not work in Teststand 2014.  What is wrong with my test step properties?  The arguments are correct for open OCD, I can run this exact command from the command line.

CallExecutable.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,559 Views)

nevermind, my standard error tab was configured wrong.  Ignore my previous post.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,556 Views)