NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTD practice Exam?

I am told the CTD is now a multiple choice test similar to the CLAD.  Anybody have any advice on this exam or know of a practice exam available?  I know NI has a CTD study guide just looking for any additional resources.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,651 Views)

Matt,

The only resource specific to the CTD test directly provided by NI is here, which you seem to have already found.  It looks like there may be some third party resources available on the web, but there are no other resources provided by NI other than the study guide and the TestStand training classes.

Message Edited by herosphro on 09-10-2008 01:04 PM
John B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,602 Views)

I am what you may call a beginner in TestStand. So I am just curious and hence my question may sound really stupid, but i just can't help asking itSmiley Wink.

CLAD is a test which anyone who learns NIs Basic-1 and Basic-2 very well, will pass. But to become CLD you need to have some good hands on experience with LabVIEW. So if I attend the TestStand-1 and 2, and learn it well, will I have a good chance of passing the exam? Or it needs some actual hands-on experience in Teststand?

------

"A VI inside a Class is worth hundreds in the bush"
യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,582 Views)

kikiduu,

For the CLD we also provide the LabVIEW Intermediate course which helps cover more advanced topics to help prepare you for the test.  So that combined with hands-on experience would be the best way to prepare for that test.

For TestStand we only have the one course (with two parts) but this is designed to cover information you will encounter on the CTD since there is no CTAD test.  However, I would strongly recommend having some additional hands-on experience to suppliment the course material so that you can become more familiar with the topics learned in the course.  In addition the study guide mentioned above should give you a good idea of what you need to know for the test, so after taking the course you can review that and see what areas you need to review.

John B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,568 Views)

Hi,

I would give yourself a minimum of 6 months using TestStand then have ago at the CLD.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,562 Views)
Thanks John and Ray for the great suggestions.
------

"A VI inside a Class is worth hundreds in the bush"
യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,554 Views)

Hi,

I have also thought on CTD, but at the moment think for my self i do not need this certificate.

If you want to do this and learn some practice i would recommed just read and write some theads
in this forum here.

I am active here since one year and beliefe me i have learned more than ever course can do.

So see you

juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,526 Views)

Hi,

I think, if you need to get upto speed on a software package such as TestStand then you are better off going on a course. Courses tell you whats available, and how to use it's functions.

The only way to really learn the package its to use it and one of the ways is as juergen mentioned. 

The forum does throw up some interesting challenges and trying to solve some of the posted messages is a way of learning and understanding how TestStand ticks.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,524 Views)