From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COM EXCEPTION OCCURED : Unknown error

Hi all,

All my applications that I have developed recently had the same exception when it reached to the designer class file(COM EXCEPTION OCCURED : Unknown error.)

on line :((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.axEntryPoint1Button)).EndInit();

It happend suddenly when I haven't been using the applications for a couple of days.

Also my licence is activate.

Please someone can help???

Tnx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,436 Views)

Settings for the activex controls are saved in your .resx files that go along with your .cs files. Did those perhaps get deleted or modified externally to the visual studio designer? Does TestStand (i.e. the sequence editor) generally still work?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,421 Views)

Hi Doug,

The NI teststand editor is working also ,all the GUI examples are working too.

As far as I know the relevant files haven't been modified.

The strange thing that all the applications have the same exception.So it isn't an individuall problem.

Tnx

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,417 Views)

Do you have the platform set to x86 for your .NET exe projects? You must set them to x86, rather than AnyCPU, or they will run as 64-bit programs on a 64-bit OS, which will not work with TestStand's 32-bit ActiveX controls.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,398 Views)

Hi Doug,

Yes I have set all the project to x86 and my OS is 32bit.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,355 Views)

Do you have this problem with any of the C# projects that ship with TestStand such as the Full-Featured user interface? What verison of Visual Studio are you using? Have you updated visual studio recently? (for example, installed new service packs or patches?)

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,345 Views)