From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Test File Permission Error

Hi Everyone,

Could someone help me with a file permission error when calling CAN test with a different user login account that has full local admin rights.  The error is as follows:

Labview: File permission error.  You do not have the correct permission for this file.  Please refer to attached picture for more details.

We are using TestStand/Labview 2012, SP1 and windows 7.

Thanks very much,

tstand

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,422 Views)

I have searched the forum for error -18004 but there is no information that could me lead to a solution.

Does anyone had similar problem before?

Does TestStand or Labview requires full local admin rigths per user login account (on Win7)?

Thanks,

tstand

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,380 Views)

Hi tstand,

Are you able to run the sequence if you're logged in as the Administrator on your computer?  Also, are you able to access the LabVIEW Run Time Engine at all from this user account?  Try running a simple LabVIEW executable.  Can you call LabVIEW code modules from any other steps, or do you receive this error every time you call any LabVIEW code module?

Thanks,

Myriam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,370 Views)

Hi Myriam,

Problem solved.  This system was built out of network control, so IT had to make some changes to users login.  I don't have all the details, but is working now.  Thanks for your help,

tstand

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,350 Views)