NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break Sequence from New Execution

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to be able to monitor the temperature and controls fans on the UUT while the I test the UUT and pause the main sequence until the temperature comes back down. I launch a new execution that runs the fan control in a different sequence and I need to pause the main sequence from the fan control sequence. I have found the Excution.Break command but that only pauses the current sequence. Do I need to get a reference to the main sequence object? How would I do that? Is there other options?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,475 Views)

I have done something similar to this where I spawn a seperate sequence running in a  'New Execution' that monitors a hardware interlock.  If the interlock is opened, then I terminate the test that is testing the UUT.

To do this I passed in the 'RunState.Execution' object into the sequence (as a parameter ) that monitors the interlock.  I call this Monitor Interlock sequence from my Setup of the Process Model sequence.   Then I call a terminate execution in this module to stop the test.  

It seems in your case, you want to be able to 'break' on the sequence, but maybe in your case you were not using the right Execution object?

Thanks,

PH

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,401 Views)

How do you pass the RunState.Execution into the sequence as a parameter?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,397 Views)

You would pass in the Sequence Context (RunState.ThisContext) and then use the Execution subproperty of that.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,394 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author acovian

NI support finally got back to me with this answer. It works exactly how I needed. Figured I'd add this for any people looking for a solution to a similar problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,386 Views)