NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinking property not working in TestStand.

When I create a VI with a property node set to make a LED blink, it runs fine stand-alone but when I run it through TestStand, the LED does not blink. All other portions of the VI run perfect (no errors.) Does anyone know what might cause this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,991 Views)
This is a known problem that does not occur in LV 5.1.x but occurs in LV 6.0.x. It has been corrected for the next release of LV.

Until then the workaround is to set the "Blinking" attribute to FALSE before setting it to TRUE. This should work.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,991 Views)
This workaround didn't work for me.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,991 Views)
Perhaps you can help investigate this problem. I am attaching a zip file that has a sequence file and 4 VIs. The sequence has 2 steps, one that calls blinktop2.vi and the other calls blinktop.vi. Each calls a subVI that blink certain controls. Here is what I have found in experimenting with these.

After starting the sequence editor if I run only the first step, skipping the second, then blinking will not occur. After doing this not other blinking property in any other VI called by TS will work either.

I then ***shut down*** LV. Returning to my sequence I run the second step skipping the first. Now the controls blink. Without shutting down LV if I then execute the first step it also blinks.

In the second step Blinking is first set to False before being set to
true. What do you find?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,991 Views)