NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice for CVI Code Module providing Popup

Hello,

I am creating a test sequence and a CVI code module that will provide various pop up type UI's (menus and whatnot) that will be called from the test sequence.  When I use the "Create Code in module" capability it starts a new CVI project and inserts the adapter specific tempate funtion into the C source code.  My problem is when I add a UIR to the new CVI project to develop the UI's I want to call.   When I do that it overwrites the exported function prototypes in the UI project header file that were added by the "Create Code in module" calls.  The new header file comment includes the admonition "WARNING: Do not add to, delete from, or otherwise modify the contents of this include file.  ".  I can add the function prototypes back into the header file to export those funtions (to be called by the test sequence once more) but any time I touch the UIR file to modify the panels or UI components, it writes over the header file again.

I tried adding a second include file to the UI CVI project to export the functions out of the DLL but that does not work.  I imagine there is something basic I am missing but I can't find much guidance in the CVI documentation.  I don't get the automatically updated header file in a stand-alone CVI project that uses a DLL to store UI components (e.g. the simple.cws example project provided with LabWindows CVI).

I can keep manually adding back the functions I want to support to the include file but it is a pain.

Using LabWindows CVI 2013 and testStand 2013.

Thanks

Ron In SD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,573 Views)

Hello Ron_in_SD,

Would it be possible for you to post an example of the issue you are presenting, so we can try to test it, and see how to solve this?

Regards,

Carolina

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,511 Views)

Hi Carolina,

thanks for the response but I am having problems generating a simple test case to demonstrate this.  I might have some settings issue going on but I need to make some progress on other parts of the project so I will have to get back to this later. 

Thanks

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,502 Views)

Hi Ron, 

Thanks for the reply. 

Once you have the chance, you could also open a Service Request to troubleshoot this issue. 

Regards,

Carolina 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,487 Views)