From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch step vs Batch sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

In my hardware for best performance I have dedicated hardware for every site  , meaning that they can all run in parallel , but at the end they have to sync 

TestStand has batch model , but I am not sure in TestStand , it sync after each step or it is possible to sync at the end of sequence ?  Definitely syncing at the end of each step is not useful for me and it waste a lot of time , because I have to always wait for slow DUT. Please help which model TestStand has as part of batch mode? is it batch step or batch sequence ?

Finally what is the model in NI STS ? is it batch step or batch sequence and is it configurable to switch between them?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,039 Views)

Batch model sync at the beginning and at the end.

NI STS uses Batch model at sequence level if there are no shared instruments between sites.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,034 Views)

Thanks , this is great because I have no shared resource and they can fully run in parallel and sync at start and end of sequence 

I don't have TestStand and STS right now , but I remember in batch model they used to sync after each step and then go to next step and this was the default setting . Do I have to change the setting to make it sequence sync instead of step sync ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,011 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ethen99

No, by default, the batch model sync only at the start of batch and end of the batch and not at every step unless you configured each step for synchronization.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,005 Views)

Thanks Santo, that is exactly what I want both in TS and STS. Sync at start and sync at end so all DUTs can run fully in parallel and sync at the end 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,000 Views)