cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base teststand license teststand not used

Solved!
Go to solution

Hallo,

I updated a PC which has a volume license., name based, with the deploy license of teststand.

Now I must use this PC, when logged in with a different name, to use the base deploy license of teststand.

But when I start a test(logged in as operator), in the simple UI supplied with the teststand installation, I cannot start a test.

I have included a screenshot of the license manager and the expired popup.

As I can see only the evaluation and volume license are addressed and not the local deploy license.

Bart

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,328 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author InspectorGadget123123

Deployment license are not hosted by the volume license server so you can just turn that part off.  Then it won't cause any confusion. 

You should be able to take your serial number to ni.com/activate and activate your deployment license for this PC.  

I'm surprised you are getting this warning...considering that your Base Deployment Engine is green.  It appears to be trying to check out the Development System license for some reason, hence why it is trying to get it from the server and then from the expired license.  Can you open and run the demo without getting this warning?

Is there anything in your code that is saving or writing to a sequence file on disk?  This requires a development license.  I made this mistake a long time ago by calling the save api method in one of my sequence files thinking I could use fileglobals to set default values for a deployed system.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 3
(2,286 Views)

Hello Jiggawax,

I executed the demo test, none of them worked except the parallel test. This reminded me that the difference here was the process model. After looking in the process model(which we customized) I noticed a step 'Save to sequence file'. As you stated that when trying to save a sequence file to disk my bells where triggered. I disabled this step and now it works! Thank you for your help!

Bart

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,279 Views)