From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking why.

Yes, I am a NI LabVIEW Champion. 

Yes, I am training to become  a CTD.

Why do the LabVIEW prototypes look like that...and with the connector pane AFU?  Error In, Error Out ...bottom left and right on a 4,2,2,4, default pane.  Simple!

Or is that something that just "Breaks your Heart" to do?

Now please bare in mind.... the TestStand IDE only allows for the ICON representation of the vi code modules in LabVIEW Step Types.   I suspect that a "View as Icon" right click option (like the LabVIEW IDE has) would only confuse developers with a presentation of a vi. (That huge yellowish thingy you see when you chose to view a vi without its icon on a LabVIEW block diagram) would only confuse LabVIEW developers more.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,833 Views)

Not sure what you are enquiring about!

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,746 Views)

I guess, I am asking why the LabVIEW prototype steps fail to follow any LabVIEW style guidelines. 

Additionally,  I would inquire about generating code within a specific LabVIEW context with associated icon template overlays.....

I think there are some methods in TestStand that could support upgrades to the LabVIEW templates steps.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,719 Views)