NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array index out of bounds error using LabVIEW Microsoft Office Toolkit in TestStand

Hi Ray,

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

The array will certainly be out of bounds if I try to store more than one fault code.

B.W.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 43
(3,817 Views)
Hi,

Not at this time. There is nothing obvious in your sequence files that you posted that could modify the boundaries of your array which is initially defined [0][50].
As TestStand is throwing up a dialog box telling you it has encounted a problem and needs to shut down suggests its something internal.

What would be required is a simple sequence file that give the same problems that NI (or others) could use to be beable to reproduce the problem an then suggest a work around.

Regards
Ray
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 43
(3,809 Views)

Hi Ray,

I'll see if I can come up with something.

In regards to the "TestStand Sequence Editor has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." message, everyone in our group sees that message quite often and have learned to ignore it.  As long as you don't click on the "Close" button, the program keeps working.  If you click on the "Close" button, TestStand shuts down immediately.  If Station Globals were changed during the execution of the program, exiting TestStand by using the "Close" button in that box does not save the values to the StationGlobals.ini file.  All of the updated Station Global values are lost.

B.W.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 43
(3,800 Views)

Hi,

I would say that you have a possible problem with instalation of TestStand.

You might try deleting the cfg folder and then launch TestStand. TestStand will create a new set of cfg files.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then try un-installing your TestStand, deleting the TestStand folder that remains and starting again?

I haven't seen that error message with TS3.5, but there again I'm not running a Test Sequence for long test cycle.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 43
(3,792 Views)

Hi Ray,

I am trying to change the program so you can test it.  I skip over the steps that control the UUT and also skip the steps that get data from the UUT.  I ran the program last night and it stalled on cycle 1070.  I clicked the Break button and tried to step through the program.  TestStand seemed like it was not responding so I opened the Task Manager and captured the screen.  I am attaching it to this message.  It did not get a Run-Time error, it just stalled.

I did not try deleting the cfg folder yet.  I noticed that my StationGlobals.ini file is in there.  Can I just copy that somewhere else and put it back in after I restart TestStand?  I need the data stored in there to run my programs.

I coaxed the program into starting again and captured the step where the program is stalling.  Do you have the Office Toolkit for LabView?

B.W.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 43
(3,782 Views)

Hi Ray,

I have not heard from you today.  After watching the program run today, I am not so sure that the nested For Each Loops are the best choice for finding the New Active Faults.  The arrays are empty, full of blank strings, and the program slows way down as more and more cycles are completed.  It looks at all 51 locations in the array even if it is empty. 

Do you have any thoughts on this? 

I am going to look at trying to find a better expalnation of how the For Each Loop works.  At first I thought it only looked at locations in the array if it had something stored in it.  I thought the steps would fly right through an array of empty strings.

B.W.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 43
(3,772 Views)

BW,

Sorry I hadn't forgotten you or ignoring you just been a bit busy in the evening doing some DIY.

I will try and look over the attachments you posted to see if there is another way.

Regards

Ray

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 43
(3,759 Views)

Hi Ray,

I spent some time yesterday looking at how the arrays work in the original program.  These are my observations.

The For Each loops work as I thought they did.  They look at only the locations in the array that are occupied with data when sorting out the New_Active_Faults.  The arrays (Active_Faults_Before and Active_Faults_Now), originally set at [0..50], become dynamic and change as the data in them changes during the program.  The New_Active_Faults array always stays at [0..50].

I captured the screen showing this and attached it to this posting.

I did get to see the program crash once and it seemed to happen on this step.  Locals.Active_Faults_Before= Locals.Active_Faults_Now

The first Excel-Set Cell Color step after this line is where the program seems to encounter the Run-Time Error almost every time. (see message 6 attachment)

The program that I changed to not read the fault codes from the UUT doesn't seem to work like the original program.

Any thoughts?

B.W.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 43
(3,748 Views)

Hi Ray,

Do you know of anyone I could contact at NI about this problem?

B.W.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 43
(3,666 Views)
The best way to reach a support engineer at NI is to make a service request online at:

http://www.ni.com/ask

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 43
(3,663 Views)