NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing the NI Package Builder 2018 Drop!

I am pleased to announce the Beta program for NI Package Builder, a new deployment tool in development for building custom NI Package Manager based packages, package installers, and feeds that can include NI components and custom components customers create using NI software. The application will focus on TestStand use cases initially, with the goal of enabling customers to manage and deploy large modular architectures with complex relationships between components.

The initial release of NI Package Builder is targeted to release next year, and the following initial set of features in this early-beta version of the software will allow us to get early feedback during our development:

- Identify input files to select from for inclusion in deployments

- Discover dependent files, such as code modules called by TestStand sequence files

- Configure and build packages (64-bit only)

- Deploy packages to local repositories and in package installers

A more detailed list of the features will be available in the beta documentation, which will be available when the beta begins. You can sign up for the beta by going to ni.com/beta and choosing "NI Package Builder 2018" from the option list. If you have any questions, please email nipb.beta@ni.com. 

Message 1 of 7
(2,830 Views)

I'm excited for this.  Thanks for the drop at NI Week!!!

@RoxtheFox
jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 7
(2,808 Views)

Where can I get the new package builder? 2019?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,320 Views)

It's under utilities in NI Package Manager and it is included in the TestStand 2019 as an additional package!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,317 Views)

Forgot to mention.  I don't have internet access from NIPM.  I need the package.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,315 Views)

Hey jiggawax,

You've got to create an offline feed. This document outlines how to install NI products from Package Manager on offline machines.

Noah B.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
Message 6 of 7
(2,297 Views)

Thanks Noah.  Is there a way to get the packages without having to install them first?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,289 Views)