From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Output to multiple channels of same board do not work when called by TS.

I am using Labview 8.6 with TestStand 4.1.1.  I have written several VI's that make use of the DAQ assistant to control the analog output from a PXI-6733.  Each VI utilizes a different AO channel of the PXI-6733.  If run alone, each VI works correctly.  But when I call them in the TS sequence, only the first VI called works.  The rest fail.  For some reason the AO of the VI's past the first VI do not appear to be working.  Is there something I need to add to each VI to disconnect it in some sense so the following VI's can have AO?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,593 Views)
As long as you call the VIs sequentially and start and stop each task before you call the next VI, you should be okay. Of course, if you want to run separate tasks at the same time, you can't and will get a resource reserved error. To run multiple channels at the same time you have to have them in the same task.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,586 Views)