NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occured evaluating the database logging Result Filter Expression

During the course of our investigation, we discovered that a problem was introduced into the Database Logger in TestStand 4.1.  TestStand 4.0 schemas should work perfectly in TestStand 4.1 when this is fixed. We appologize for the oversight and are working to correct it as soon as possible.

Please contact an engineer directly if you would like more information.  When a fix is available I will post on this thread.

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(1,290 Views)

Hello Tom and Hans,

I just wanted to reiterate what Josh mentioned, which is once we have a fix your old schemas will work. Because of this I would recommend waiting to use those rather than customizing new ones. If you do have an immediate need to customize a new schema though let me know and I will assist as much as possible.

With warm regards,

David D.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(1,284 Views)
Hi Dr Doiron,

I've also found if I set the database options to save all results, the error doesn't seem to reoccur. The downside is our database is growing in size rapidly.

Regards,
Tom
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(1,273 Views)

Josh,

Thanks for the response on this.  I'd be happy to test any changes if needed, just email them to me.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(1,238 Views)

Hi everyone,

Has there been any resolution to this problem? I'm commissioning a new production line next week and urgently require database logging in this project. 

Alternatively, does the fix copying the TS4.0 database sequence work robustly as fix?

Regards,

Tom 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(1,211 Views)

We have created a Patch for TestStand 4.1 to fix this isue with the Database Logging Result Filter Expression.

You can find the patch here: TestStand Development System 4.1 - Windows 2000/Vista x64/Vista x86/XP - Patch 123594: Fix for Datab...

This patch should fix all of the issues described in this forum thread.  If it does not, please let me know.

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
Message 26 of 26
(1,204 Views)