NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional result

Hello NI,

i am using additional result step in TS

When adding any sting value to my report .below messege is coming along with the desired expected string.

same messege is also appending  in the report of  exmple run of additonal results.seq given by TS. 

Status: Done Returned Expected StringTD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF valign="top">AdditionalResults[0]: ''

please help me in geting rid of this undue messege.

regards

kulwant singh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,640 Views)

Kulwant

Couple of questions

1.Did you make any modifications to reporting in TS 4.1?

1b. What is the report format you are using - XML or HTML?

2.Can you please attach the report generated after running the additional results example

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,638 Views)

Hi,

Also, if you could post a small example showing the problem.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,634 Views)

Hello Anand,

Ya i have done couple of modification in the reporting part and i m using html format for reports.

kulwant singh

Evaluate result
Returned String: abc
Limits:
   Expected String: abcd
Comparison Type: Ignore Case
Module Time: 0.0007784
End
End

For Each
For Each
If
xyz
Module Time: 0.0007542

Do While
errorClear
Module Time: 0.0021715

Pass/Fail Test

Additional Results
Status: Done Returned Expected StringTD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF valign="top">AdditionalResults[0]: ''
Explaination: This Step should be Passed because a wrong SLIC was sent to instrument and an Error was expected
Returned Result: -224,"Illegal parameter value"

errorClear
Module Time: 0.0026023
End
Clear Error Stack
Module Time: 0.001337

DisConnect Instrument
Module Time: 0.0165739

End Sequence: MainSequence
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,632 Views)

Hello NI,

just sending a Gentle reminder because did not hear from ur side about the problem..

Regards

kulwant singh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,588 Views)

Kulwant

The modifications you have made to TS's reporting generation seems to be the cause of the problem. It looks like the html tags specifically <td> and <tr> are not being closed property.

I suggest the following

1. Revert your changes

2. Make incremental changes and verify that your changes do not mess up the report.

3. While you make the change please refer to link below. 

A good resource for html is http://www.w3schools.com/. Please review this website to verify changes that you make to html tags.

Regards

Anand Jain

National Instruments

Message Edited by Anand Jain on 09-11-2008 12:48 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,557 Views)

hi

Actully we have built our regression  test system using NI TS over an year and have done many changes  .some of them are  not even big enough that i didn't have any track of.so it would not be possible to do that.

No issue i ll find some other solution.Actully that additional result facilty was not their in ts 4.0 but is in ts 4.1 

thanks for ur help!

regards

kulwant singh

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,553 Views)

Hi everybody.

Let me write a little preface: I'm working with TS 4.0 and unfortunately I can't use additional result tab, and I haven't got on my station.

During a test I plot a pop-up in order to notify a failure message if test fails. The test routine run on DI/O so in order to notify the line where the fails occur, the message plotted is indexed. I'd like to add the failure message (expression) to ReportText field of the pass fail step.

I'm trying to do this by using callbacks, I also tried to use Execution.AddExtraresult method but unfortunately doesn't run.

Any suggests for make this easy?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,056 Views)