Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom UI indicators to the TestStand UI

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks I will try these out

@~jiggawax~ wrote:

Not sure what version of LabVIEW and TestStand you have but I threw together a little demo of what you want.  Just run the TopLevel.vi and then open the sequence in the zip file.

These are in LV 2014 and TS 2014.

Regards,

Bill Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,538 Views)

In your UI Message Event callback vi there is a subVi that is missing. Debugging output String.vi

Can you attach it so i can run the demo? Thanks!

2016-06-09_07h42_55.png

Bill Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,536 Views)

Jiggwax,

it seems to be exactly what I'm wanting to do! Thank you so much. I have a few questions just to clarify a few things.

1. The pass fail status of the UUT's are being tracked where? I dont see the array that holds the data I just see the indicators on the UI and the overall when it is finished. Some of these do not match so if the part failes once it is a failure in the end correct?
  2. I will be testing 24 parts using the same power supply to power them up all at the same time and all of the measurements will be taken at the same time. So all testing is in parallel. The batch process should work the way I expect but how will i update the front panel UI with a muliti numeric result or should i use a single numeric for each part and update the array? I'm hoping to just use a single multi numeric and update the status when the results of each data value.
  3. if i wanted to add a # passed and # failed count to the ctrl in UUT status is that possible?
Bill Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,534 Views)

You can delete that VI that is missing.  It is a generic VI I use for debugging and forgot to take it out.

Keep in mind that I just threw this together quickly to demonstrate how to do an array of UUTs on the UI.  You can customize and modify to your hearts content.  The other valuable thing this demonstrates is how to pass clusters through UI Messages.  You can add as much to the cluster as possible.  Just note that you must use the same lookup string in your callback VI that you use in your variable in the sequence file.  In this case I have a Status and and Info. 

1. "The pass fail status of the UUT's are being tracked where? I dont see the array that holds the data I just see the indicators on the UI and the overall when it is finished. Some of these do not match so if the part failes once it is a failure in the end correct?" The UI is simply for informational purposes about the status of what's happening inside the execution.  I would not store any data of relevance in the UI.  If you need data stored then do it in the sequence file and display it on the report.  Yes it is a failure in the end.  At the end of your sequence you could have each socket post a UI Message with the final results.  Keep in mind I wrote this without understand your specific needs.  Just to demonstrate the array capability.
  2. "I will be testing 24 parts using the same power supply to power them up all at the same time and all of the measurements will be taken at the same time. So all testing is in parallel. The batch process should work the way I expect but how will i update the front panel UI with a muliti numeric result or should i use a single numeric for each part and update the array? I'm hoping to just use a single multi numeric and update the status when the results of each data value."  You don't need the Batch if you are just doing a MultiNumeric step with 24 measurements.  If this is the case then you will need some code inside of your sequence that iterates through the Result.Measurement array and posts a UI for each entry.
  3. "if i wanted to add a # passed and # failed count to the ctrl in UUT status is that possible?"  Yes.  You can add whatever you want to the cluster.  Just keep track of the pass/fail count in the sequence file and repost it with the UI Message.  I do not recommend tracking data in the UI.  It should act like a slave and just update whatever the UI message feeds it.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,531 Views)