NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding additional data to the database and report

Hi,

Could someone instruct me with the how to easily log the additional data gathered during customized "Enter UUT" operation?

I'd like to display them in the header of the report and log it in UUT_RESULT table.

What it the best way to do this?

I hoped if I add the them to the UUT container in AdditionalData sub-container and, after the creation appropriate columns in the DB, I allocate it using Logging.UUT...... the data will be recorded. But they aren't.

What else needs to be done?

And how to modify the test report?

K.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,397 Views)

Hi Kamil,

Firstly I would like to direct you towards the following link:  http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/8289/en/

This is a very good source of information on this issue and other common issues within TestStand, specifically

have a look at the additional results section. 

The Steps should be:

- Go to Additional Results in Step Settings for Step. 

- In the Property Browser right-click on the data type > Advanced > Edit Flags > Include in Report

This will include the specific data-type in your report, I hope this answers the question you had.

Please let me know if there was anything else you had questions about. 

Thanks 

Courtney

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,341 Views)

Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful. Especially the paragraph 7.

One question more. Where in the DB I can find my data logged? It seems they don't exist in UUT_RESULT table close to Serial Number.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,334 Views)

Hi Kamil, 

I'm glad the article helped.

To answer your question, I'd like to firstly direct you towards your DB file this is saved to a path stated by you.

You can find the path and DB options: Configure > Result Processing > Settings (icon on right of DB line) > Data Link Options > Connection String Expression

This will describe the path location of your DB, you can select the type of DB using the management system drop down. 

I would also ask that you make sure the DB is enabled in the result processing window by ticking the enable box. 

Finally the following link has plenty of good information on Logging to Databases in TestStand and may answer some of your following questions. 

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/51953/en/

I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks 

Courtney

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,322 Views)

After reading documentation I still can't find the data displayed on the report in the database.

Shall I explicitly add this data to the DB schema?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,303 Views)