From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Multiple Numeric Step Limits Edit Embedded UI to Custom Step

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I know that you cannot embed a custom UI into the step menus, but can you attach the existing Multiple Numeric Limits Limits UI to a custom step? The picture below shows what I would like.

image.png

I took this picture from a test step that works as I would like it to, it gives me a custom configuration window, as well as the multiple NLT windows. However, I created this step by combining my custom step type with a multiple numeric test step, which is fine except I don't want to run the numeric limit tests. I will be using the limits to run my own NLTs in a sequence called by the step. I have tried to find how to just disable the "automatic" numeric limit tests but have not had any luck yet.

The other way I have tried to achieve this is not "Combining" my step with the mNLT step but trying to insert the mNLT edit panels into a normal custom step types properties, but that does not seem to prompt TestStand to render the panels when I drag the step type into a test step.

Let me know if I can clarify anything, any help is appreciated.

Best,

jppb  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,397 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jppb

All it took was posting to the forums to figure out a solution for myself... 

A multiple numeric limit test doesn't execute anything if there isn't anything in the Result.Measurement array. Using my custom step type that is combined with a multiple numeric step test step, at the end of my custom sequence I assign Runstate.Caller.Step.Result.Measurement to an empty array. No extra NLTs.

However, I would still be interested if anyone has implemented something similar in a different way.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,387 Views)