From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Custom_Types.ini file to types palette from LabVIEW (Dynamically)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

Is there a way to dynamically add Custom Types.ini file to the Types Palette from LabVIEW VI. I tried some of the approches like "Engine.DisplayStepTypeEditorEx" methods. But I actually want to make it fully automated without any prompts. I want to specify the ini file path in my vi and add it to the types palette when the VI is run from a TS Sequence. 

Can anyone help me achieve this.

Thanks and Regards,
Nitz 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,560 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NitzZ

You can just place the file in your TestStand public folder under: <TestStand Public Folder>\Components\TypePalettes.  Then when TestStand opens again it will automatically show up.  You can verify this by making a copy of MyTypes.ini (which is already in that folder) and renaming the copy.  Then open TestStand and you will see both MyTypes.ini and the new one.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 4
(3,558 Views)

Also, if you are using TestStand 2010 or newer you can programmatically update the type palettes using Engine.GetTypePaletteFileList and Engine.SetTypePaletteFileList. Use the Get method to get the existing type palettes, create a new array with those plus the new one you want to add and then call the Set method. See the API help of these methods for more details.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

Message 3 of 4
(3,555 Views)

Hi Jigg and Doug,

Thanks for your help.. Problem solved 🙂

Regards,
Nitz 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,535 Views)