From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX method PostUIMessageEX only works when using stepping (F10)

Solved!
Go to solution

I have ActiveX call of a method PostUIMessageEX  and it only displays messages in Teststand status bar if I set up breakpoint in my sequence and then use F10 to execute method call.

For example, see this image:

STATUS_OK.png

Here I get string "My STATUS when I use stepping (f10)" in TS status bar, but if i just run TS seq file without breakpoints, i cannot get status...

MyCall of ActiveX method is like this:

SETTUP.png

I want to use this for displaying status of my program when it is executing in real time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,260 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Skoda3

It works for me with TestStand 2014. Make sure that the execution window is the active window. The progress text is only displayed for the active document. It switches when you switch documents.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

Message 2 of 4
(2,247 Views)

Hey,

I attempted to reproduce your problem but was able to see the UI message posted using the same code that you provided. Do you see the same thing if you use the following expression in a statement step: 

RunState.Thread.PostUIMessageEx(UIMsg_ProgressText,0,"My STATUS when I use stepping F10",Nothing,True)

Thanks,

Roxy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,245 Views)

That was the solution. Status posted using PostUIMessageEX is only displayed when execution tab is selected. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,228 Views)