cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX Create New Object Error -17502 when logged in as user in Windows

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm controlling a labVIEW app through TestStand using ActiveX.

It works fine when logged in as an administrator in windows, but the "Create Application" step returns error -17502 when logged as a user:

"Create New Object" in automation call failed.
Cette interface n’est pas prise en charge
One reason this can occur is if the interface of your COM server cannot be marshaled. This can happen if your server is not using the default OLE marshaling implementation and does not implement its own proxy and stub code. If you write your server using Visual C++ you can add the oleautomation attribute to your interface in order to use the default OLE marshaling implementation. Alternatively, COM does not require marshaling if the server's threading model is the same as the client thread's apartment. You can try changing your server's threading model or the client thread's apartment to avoid the need to marshal the interface. [Code d'erreur: -17502]

Do you have any ideas on how to fix this ?

You'll find attached a bit of code used to reproduce the error (LabVIEW 2012 / TestStand 2012)

Thanks in advance.

Cordialement,

Micaël DA SILVA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,190 Views)

Hi Micael,

I was able to reproduce the issue with a user logged as a "standart user" (with LV & TestStand 2015)

17502.png

The error comes from the fact that you did a copy paste from the third step to create your fist step and there is 2 wrong parameters  in the Create App step:

Create App.png

If you configure the step in the right way then it works well even as a standart user (cf SequenceFile attached).

Regards,

Valentin
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabWindowsCVI Developer
National Instruments France

Message 2 of 5
(3,982 Views)

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you send me your sequence in testStand 2012 please?

I tried to replace the create app step by crating one without using copy/paste but I still have the same error.

Cordialement,

Micaël DA SILVA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,962 Views)

Hi Micael,

You will find attached the sequence file in 2012 version.

I did tests with LabVIEW 2015 & TestStand 2014 SP1, we will see if you have the same behavior with 2012.

Regards,

Valentin
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabWindowsCVI Developer
National Instruments France

Message 4 of 5
(3,958 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Micael_

Hi Valentin,

Thanks again for your help.

I solved the problem and it appears it was pretty simple: I used to run the LabVIEW executable as an administrator to register it, but it doesn't work with multiple users.

Registering it by running it throught the command line with the XXX.exe /RegServer command ( as described here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4F811A9B23F1D46E862566F700615B7A ) works fine.

Best Regards,

Micael

Cordialement,

Micaël DA SILVA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,928 Views)