NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Sequence FIle information

I want to programmatically access a sequence file's information (sub-steps & sub-sequences) prior to actually loading the sequence. I.e. I’m trying to make a stand alone GUI that allows me to select a sequence file and which sub sequence of that file I want to run at a later time.  In C# I declare a sequence: NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.API.Sequence seq; But Sequence in an abstract class so I can’t directly create an instance of it. Ditto that for a NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.API.SequenceFile.  Anyone know if this can be done and how to do so?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,925 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,911 Views)

Hello John 242424,

Thank you for posting on the NI Discussion Forums.  Attached is an example written in C#.NET 2008 which takes in a sequence file (chosen by the user) and then retrieves the names of its sequences, and steps within those sequences upon the click of another button.  The key methods it uses are the SequenceFile.GetSequence( ) and Sequence.GetStep( ) methods.  You will notice that Sequence.GetStep( ) currently only returns the steps in the Main step group.  If you wish to find the steps in Setup and Cleanup, you will have to add this functionality.

Chris_G
Sr Test Engineer
Medtronic, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
(2,882 Views)

Thanks Chris, I will look over your example.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,844 Views)