From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abort sequence and jump back to calling sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

How can abort the current sequence without cleanup and jump back to the main sequence?

I've a statement in the Setup section of my sequences. I've tried some expressions, but either the whole exection is cancelled (e.g. with RunState.Execution.Abort() or Terminate()) or it jumps to the CleanUp section. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,266 Views)

Edit:

The unwanted workaround would be to create a label at the end of the sequence and jump to it. But that is time-consuming with many sequences. A programmatic solution would be better.

Somehow a simple return from the sequence back into the main sequence should be possible.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,226 Views)

Nobody an idea? Is there not possibility to implement a simple return without cleanup?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,203 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,187 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Struct

The steps in Cleanup run always despite sequence execution was terminated or not. However I remember a way of configuring it from station settings to skip cleanup upon abort. I'm curious why you want to have such option in subsequences? 

Message 5 of 5
(1,169 Views)