NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVI provider

Hi, 

I want to use the AVI provider , but when I send a video, it gives me an error "Error -1074396009 occurred at IMAQ AVI Open IMAQ Vision:  An internal DirectX error occurred. Try to update your version of DirectX." or "IMAQ Vision:  DirectX has reached the time limit when reading or writing the AVI file. When closing an AVI file, try adding additional waiting time. When playing an AVI file, try to reduce the load on the processor and hard drive."

I updated DirecX and I let only PQA working to try to solve the problems but it is the same.

PQA can read some videos on mpeg4 but not all mpeg 4 videos.

Why can't PQA read all mpeg4 videos? 

Best regards

Carolina

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,731 Views)

Carolina,

what exatly does PQA stand for in your context?

A source of issues could be the "part" your mpeg4 file is vs. what the player/codec can read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4

What OS are you using? Are you sure that your mpeg4 codec is compatible to the video and the player?

What AVI file sizes are you talking about? Is the size an issue or do you have very small ones creating the issue as well (e.g. 2-3 MB)?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,729 Views)

Hi,

PQA is Picture Quality Analisys an NI software.

I have a bench National Instruments to test HDMI video flux.

I need to do test like dropped frames, blockiness, color, and I'm using PQA (Picture quality Analisys), I need that PQA reads my .avi video in order to test it, but I have videos coded on mpeg4 and PQA is able to analyse some of them and other not.

Carolina 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,727 Views)

Carolina1, you'll be better served by the http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VideoMASTER-and-NI/bd-p/400 forum for PQA specific support, and http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/bd-p/200 for Vision specific questions.  I would recommend ensuring that you have the correct codecs on your system, and if you continue to have trouble then post to the Machine Vision forums for more details on what MPEG4 formats the NI Vision software is intended to support.  PQA is built on top of this NI Vision functionality, so they will have the best lead on it.

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,722 Views)

Carolina,

thanks for clearing up what you understand as PQA here (could have been any of these as well.. )

What version of NI PQA are you using?

Are you using it with LV or with TS?

Do you have the Vision Development Module? Can you verify if IMAQ is able to read the mpeg4 files at all?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,721 Views)