From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

17709; A CVI code module has unresolveable external references

Hi,

We are using Teststand 2.0 in a production situation.  This test has being running from the same PC  and same setup for the last 10 years or so with no changes.

This week, we got the following error when we went to run the sequence for the test.  We cannot run this sequence now and so cannot run our production test.  The Test runs along with a bed-of-nails tester and controlles two PSU's and 2 pickering cards. The sequence fails, while trying to run the first module, which is the intialize on the the PSU's.  The PSU is the HP 3631A. 

Any idea what happened here?

The PC is running windows XP. I am not that familur with TestStand and the pickering cards invovled.  Any idea where to start?  I had a few copies of the solutions folder on the same PC in different folders and all sequence hit the same error?

Thanks in advance.

Error details reported:

Unable to get standard CVI step module address.
The following functions or variables are referenced by the code module, but could not be found. You might need to include additional libraries, or instrument driver files in the tscvirun project or Autoload Libs directory to ensure that the module is loadable: _hpe363xa_init@16, _hpe363xa_ConfigureOutputEnabled@12, _hpe363xa_ConfigureCurrentLimit@20, _hpe363xa_ConfigureVoltageLevel@16

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,970 Views)

Donalg,

This error makes it sound like a driver is not installed, which seems strange if the machine has not changed in ten years. Are you sure that no changes have taken place on the machine, such as software updates? 

It might also be helpful to get a MAX report to see which software and drivers are installed on the machine, and whether any recent changes have taken place. You can do that using the directions here. Make sure to choose the "Technical Support Report" option, and then just attach it to your post.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,965 Views)

Daniel.

Thanks for the response.

I managed to fix the error.  I restored the PC back to a previous date.

The error seem to co-inside with a microsoft update.

Thanks

Donal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,907 Views)