From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-17320; Unknown function or sequence name.

The 5.5.1 Read Power Supply Current.vi is very simply. It will initialize an IVI power supply "SamplePowerSupply" and measure and return the current on channel1. Then the IVI handle is closed. I do not beleive it has anything to do with the step but then again, it is the first IVI call I do. if I ignore he error the IVI control of the PS works fine. Guess I am just brainstorming as I type. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,563 Views)
OPPS!!!

I have made a mistake here and have led you guys incorrectly. With all of our products and test sequences I mistakenly attached the wrong one. here is the correct sequence. It is not a PS current measurement but a serial message test. We send a serial message to the UUT and then evaluate the response. Sorry about the confusion.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,563 Views)
Your suggestion for a watch expression had led me in the right direction. I have not found a solution yet but I have discovered something interesting. On this test station it seems to get a unusual message "String not found". This does not occur when I love this sequence from my development PC. I have attached the error screen. It is assoicated with the data source. The data source is pointing to a sequence global array of numbers. I have reselected the global and deleted and rebuit the gobal and nothing seems to fix it.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,472 Views)
Hi,

Are you sure your systems are running the same version of TestStand. The error you attached indicates that the switch executive resources can not be found in the TestStandStrings.ini....

This seems to be different to your original fault, althought there still maybe related in that the installation of your TestStand inst complete or right.

Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,472 Views)
Got it (I hope) - I can reproduce the error in a smaller format quite easily.
Stick a none adapter numeric limit test in a new sequence.
Under Locals, create a numeric array of say 10 elements (0-9) called local
Under edit limits->data source tab, put in something like Locals.local(7)
Now run mainsequence on this.
You should get the attached error which is what you was seeing.
I beleive the mistake is the same in your sequence (though if it's running fine on another PC I don't know why). In your datasource on the step
5.5.1.B Ignition Status Message, Ignition OFF
you've put
FileGlobals.MSGRCV(7) AND 0x0001
I think this should actually be
FileGlobals.MSGRCV[7] AND 0x0001
to index the 8th eleme
nt in the MSGRCV array.
(Note the square brackets for an array element index - round brackets tend to indicate function parameters or grouping of functions / mathematical evaluations to get around order of precedence issues.)

The plot thickens when you look at a previous step i.e.
5.5.1.A Ignition Status Message, Ignition ON
where you're doing the same, and it appears to work.

Thoughts?

S.
// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,472 Views)
Hi,

I can confirm your action. So having () will generate the error -17320.

In fact all the steps in PowerUp sequence have the same DataSource setup. ie () instead of []'s

Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,472 Views)
This is GREAT info. I am going to modify a few and head out to the lab to try it. I still do not understand why I get the "string not found" error when I load the sequence file on these steps on the target station but not on my development station. I just verifired the TS versions and they are the same. If this works, I am not going to worry about that part 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,472 Views)
That did it!!! I am not getting the error message any more. It was the brackets. Now, I still have an issue with "string not found in table" See the attached error. This is in the property window of a test step that had the brackets. It only shows up in TS 2.01 on the deployment station. It actually doesn't stop the sequence from running so it is useable but I am courious.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,472 Views)
Hi,

Check on your deployment system that you have the file TestStandStrings.ini and that it has the Switching Tab resources. ie search for ;; Switch Executive Page. There should be about 20 or so resource strings.

Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,472 Views)
Hi Marc,
have you installed NI Switch executive on the target machine? Probably a silly question, but I'm thinking that the sequence file's step properties are linked into this and it goes looking for the information which isn't there.
Alternatively, have you installed TestStand over the top of itself after switch executive was installed, and a problem has caused TestStand to not see SwitchExecutive - hence the .ini file has changed, but because of steps in the sequence file, it has to go looking for the information which is no longer there.

S.
// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,472 Views)