NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-17213; Unable to close file.

Hi all,

Loading a sequence file will create a Run- Time error.

Detail: An error occurred calling 'ReleaseSequenceFileEx' in 'IEngine' of 'TestStand API 2.0'
Unable to discard sequence file 'NameofSequence.seq' because it is in use, possibly because it is executing.
Source: TSAPI

Error Code: -17213; Unable to close file.

Location: Step 'ReleaseSequenceFile' of sequence 'Fts LoadTestProgram' in 'FtsParallelModel.seq'

I dont understand, what exactly the issue is and more important, how to solve it. Did somebody face the same issue or has experience how to solve it?

I'm using  NI TestStand 2012 Service Pack 1

TestStand Engine Version 2012 SP1 f1

Sequence Editor Version 5.0.1.66

BR

PTH-POS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,337 Views)

Could somebody help me at least to understand the failure code -17213?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,301 Views)

Hi PTH-POS,

The first thing I would check is that the Sequence you are attempting to release has finished executing.  Are you able to post your Sequence and the Sequence calling the Release?

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,296 Views)

I am able to replicate your error code by calling ReleaseSequenceFileEx with the sequence I am attempting to release still running in the background.

NOTE:  I had to set the ReleaseSequenceFileEx option to unload. (I used 0x4)

ReleaseSequenceFileEx.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,289 Views)

This message I get while loading the sequence. Even after a fresh re-start of the PC this will occur.

The error appears when I execute the step ReleaseSequenceFile, which is calling ReleaseSequenceFileEx.

It seems to be saved somewhere, that the sequence is still running, even if its not running anymore. I'm not allowed to post here the test seqeunce.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,283 Views)

After some more investigations, I could find where it fails.

Failing step:ReleaseSequenceFile which is calling ReleaseSequenceFileEx.

While debugging the process models I recognized, that changing the SequenceFile.ChangeCount from 1 to 0 will solve the issue, but not permanently. If I close and open again test stand and call GetSequenceFileEx it will set it again to 1.

On my other setups, which are using the same sequence, this SequenceFile.ChangeCount will always be 0. When I try to copy the same sequence from a different computer and load it on the failing one, it will again have this SequenceFile.ChangeCount set to 1. Looks like, its a local change, but not saved in the sequence.

What I cannot find out so far is, from where this SequenceFile.ChangeCount will be set to 1.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,253 Views)

Hey PTH-POS,

May I ask which adapter configuration you use, "Run-Time Engine" or "Development"?

Best Regards,

Edgar.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,182 Views)