NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warren_scott

don't have breakpoints/watches window modal

Right now, the breakpoints/watches window  (Debug >> Breakpoints/Watches) is modal against sequence editor.  This makes my life harder because I can't keep that window open to enable/disable a bunch of breakpoints scattered across a sequence(s) during an execution -- I need to be stopped at a breakpoint, open that window, enable/disable other breakpoints as desired, close the breakpoint window, continue execution, and repeat.  I'd like to be able to just keep that breakpoint management window open the whole time (Just like I can with LabVIEW).

Another related thing that would be nice is to be able to manage breakpoints per execution.  At this point I can have multiple simulatenous executions, and I can add breakpoints at run time that are specific to that execution.  However, I can only manage those breakpoints easily through the execution view windows, and not through the breakpoint manager.  It would be nice to see individual executions show up in the tree structure of the breakpoint manager the way each sequence file does.

1 Comment
Josh_W
Active Participant

Kudos to the non-modal dialog.

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue