NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter-R

TestStand Deployment Utility: Have the root directory as an Installation Destination in the Distributed Files tab

Currently, the Installation Destination options are as follows: 

There is no way to install files to the root directory, or its subdirectories, with the exception of those already present in the Installation Destination. For instance, make it possible to install a file to the following directory: C:\ProgramData\IVI Foundation\IVI

--
Peter Rifken - Field Engineer & Business Manager
Boston / North New England & Maine
5 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

Peter,

For some reason your images aren't showing up in your idea.

Stryker_Software_Engineer

I was the developer who originally discovered the issue with the TestStand Deployment tool and submitted the issue to NI under Peter R.

TestStand limits the installation destination directories where you can install files.

For example I want to put our own customzied IVI Config Data into a directory that I want to target:

C:\ProgramData\Physio Control\TestSystemConfig

Root.png

I initially type in the Installation Destination Subdirectory. (Notice the Deployment package highlights the (..))

Installation Direction (Destination)

I move the mouse away and the deployment package now points to my “H” drive without me doing anything. That is not the directory that I am targeting.

I would like the ability to have the TestStand Deployment package for files to be destined into the "C:\" root directory and then I can assign the sub directories of the Root directory for my destination directories for these files in question.

Peter-R
NI Employee (retired)

croot.jpg

ivi.jpg

These were the images, I will attempt to fix the post above. Thanks for the spot Ravens Fan

--
Peter Rifken - Field Engineer & Business Manager
Boston / North New England & Maine
netsirk
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: In Beta

Regards,

Kristen M

Automated Test Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
Kristi_Martinez
NI Employee (retired)