NI TestStand Idea Exchange

About NI TestStand Idea Exchange

Do you have a feature idea for how to improve NI TestStand? Submit and vote on ideas now!

1. Browse by label or search in the TestStand Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea. Note: the TestStand Idea Exchange is not the appropriate forum to submit technical support questions.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see implemented!

The TestStand R&D team is committed to reviewing every idea submitted via the TestStand Idea Exchange. However, we cannot guarantee the implementation of any TestStand Idea Exchange submission until further documented.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Creation of Enumerated Type Variables

Find yourself placing a Sequence Call step and trying to determine the appropriate value to enter for a numeric parameter called "Direction"?  Tired of creating sequences with numeric parameters named like the following: "Direction_0_Up_1_Down_2_Left_3_Right"?

The solution is to support the creation of variables with enumerated type within TestStand.  Enums could be created as custom variables and then used as wherever a self-documenting variable is required.

Enum type creation:

24440i0A04C051A35273A4

As seen from a Sequence Call step to a subsequence that uses an Enum as a parameter: 

24442i5CDD825A78B161E5

14 Comments
Status changed to: Completed

Regards,

Kristen M

Automated Test Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments

I've created a Enum Type, but at the moment of use it as a parameter of a sequence, in the parameters of caller step the dropdownlist is not being displayed in the Value field. It's possible to force this parameter so show only the enumeration Items insteads use the function "f(x)" expresion?. As the second image of the initial idea is showing.

Since this is marked as Completed, which version of TestStand is it available in (or will be...)?

Thanks!

Hello,

I can see this a completed. Was this idea implemented as the 2nd image of original proposed idea? 

Currently I am using Teststand 2016 and I am unable to show the drop down list in the parameters of the sequence call.

Thanks