From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stryker_Software_Engineer

Step Types for NI-DAQmx

NI has gone through a lot work to get the IVI Components integrated within TestStand as step types. I was wondering why NI has not incorporated the NI-DAQmx technology into TestStand as step types. I realize most TestStand developers would just create TestStand Adapters in the sequence step written in CVI or LV to interface to NI-DAQmx functions. Even the more advanced TestStand Developers would create their own custom step types to interface to NIDAQmx. I have just done that to where I have created a framework of custom DAQmx step types that I use as a small subset from all the NIDAQmx functions used from the NI-DAQmx library. 

6 Comments
Laurent_B

Indeed, that is exactly what I'm looking for. And I didn't find anything good

Laurent

acovian

I definatly agree with this. I would like to not have to create a  labview module for simple daqmx reads. 

crossrulz
Knight of NI

acovian, If you like the idea give it a kudos.  Kudos is the measuring stick for how much desire for a feature there is in the community.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
chiraldude

I am building a new TestStand driven test system and one thing I need to do is have the sequence halt if there is an e-stop condition.  I can make each code module read the state from daqmx but it would be nice to just read the e-stop state as part of the sequence state and set an error condition that sends execution flow to the Cleanup section.

ecande

+Kudo!

Jean-Louis

Hi,

Is this what you are looking for : DAQmx Custom Step Types for NI TestsTand ?

They are we easy to use :

daqmx_steps_palette.png

And it's FREE !

Kind regards,

Jean-Louis SCHRICKE
CTA - Certified TestStand Architect (2008 - 2022)
CTD - Certified TestStand Developer (2004 & 2007)
CLD - Certified LabVIEW Developer (2003 & 2005)