From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Perry_S

Save in Previous Version

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support.

TestStand can save a sequence file in previous versions but that option is not very evident. Currently when you go to File >> Save As, the option to chose from is "Files of Type". I propose that a change to "Save in Version" or something to that effect be implemented. This change will make things a lot clearer for the user as it will be self explanatory. Another option will be to make it its own menu item under file>>. I hope see this in future versions of TestStand.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
2 Comments
RayFarmer
Trusted Enthusiast

Maybe all that's required is better help. When you click on the Help button on the Save As Dialog Box, the help displayed is for the 'Open File File Dialog Box', how is this help!. What appears to be the only related help is for 'Save All Modified File Dialog Box'.

Therefore a help related to 'Save As' which can then explain the use of the Files of Type control will better suited.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver