NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertSalo

Override sequence disable result recording on all steps

Trying to minimize memory used by Teststand, I have selected from sequence properties "Disable Result Recording for All Steps".  This works great except for sequence which DO need to record results.  There is currently no way to override this sequence option to enable recording for the specific measurement steps.  I would recommend added an option which allows the step to 'Override' the sequence disable result recording setting.  In TestStand 2014 there is an option under the Step / Run Options / Result Recording Options to "Enabled (overriding sequence setting)" but this does NOT work to enable / override the sequence setting, the results don't get recorded.  The only solution I found was to NOT enable the sequence "Disable Result Reporting" option on sequences with measurements, and select each step, disabling the Result Recording, except for the measurement steps.

3 Comments
tcaros

Yeah, NI needs to improve the NI Report Generator to be easier to modify output. Nobody wants to see all that gobbly gook for each step.

I think the NI Report Generator was probably a debugging tool that they packaged into a report output feature.

You need to be able to "disable" all the gobbly gook and just print out measurements, graphs, and results that the "users" want to see.

I get that comment all the time from my users.

Bluegraf

Just tried it in LV2016 - Excepting single steps with "Enabled (override sequence settings)" as you describe works fine there. Are you running into a LV2014-only issue?

Are you sure that you did not disable report generation in general in the Result Processing menu in addition to the sequence property?

You can also use the "Enabled (override sequence settings)"-Flag on a sequence call. It works until it hits another report disable setting (for a sequence or a step only) down in a layer below.

tcaros

I just want the measurement results (results I say "record this"  in the Test Report.. not the gobbly gook for each step as Test Stand Executes. When I disable reporting for the step then I get nothing in the Test Report at all. Not even my limit check.

There should be an "easier" way to disable Test Stand gobbly gook reporting and just record the results you want. You either get gobbly gook for each step or nothing at all if you disable it. Very frustrating.