NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elaine_R.

Improve Sequence Analyzer CommandLine to allow for automatic report generation

Right now it appears the sequence analyzer has no really effective automation options?

I can use the command line to launch the Sequence Analyzer, but I really want to run this puppy headlessly against a codebase every 24 hours similar to how VI Analyzer works.  Ideally, yes, I'd love a full API, but for the short term, would it be possible to expand the command line?

what we have currently is:

AnalyzerApp.exe "C:\My Documents\MyProject.tsaproj"  to get the window open with the right project in it.

what would be seriously helpful would be to add: some sort of "-Run -Report "C:\Reports\MyProjectReport.xml""  additional tags?

In general I'd love for the tool to (1) launch, (2) run project, (3) save off file, and (4) close without further nagging on the part of a user.

Extra kudos would be given if it could generate a standard-out message with some quick stats, if someone was feeling really gung-ho. Perhaps a # of rules, run and # of errors & warnings found?  I can just as easily rake the xml output, so these aren't required, but I am in dire need of a way to automatically _get_ that xml output.

If the tool already does these tasks than please feel free to say so?  I've combed the help in the versions I have installed, and so far have come up with nothing. I'm currently shopping around for a thin ui-robot to get the job done...

3 Comments
adambro

Some of this may have been implemented in 2014 SP1 which the release notes describes as including "Enhanced Sequence Analyzer application, with new command-line arguments to perform additional operations". You can find the help page for this at http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052P-01/tsref/infotopics/sequence_analyzer/

Elaine_R.
Active Participant

I agree This feature definitely exists in 2014 SP1 and up.   May just be a forum update hiccup as this idea was pre SP1 and was probably supposed to be flagged as 'done' at that time 🙂

WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Completed

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver